She wanted nothing and I delivered
For the week, 22 – 28 February
This week, I went to the Esplanade to watch Nick play a set with Jaime Wong. It was a rather intimate set with very minimal instrumentation, and it was nice to see a decent turnout for the gig. Nick’s a close friend of mine, and I wish him every success in his craft and endeavours.
I also went to check out the Open Farm Community Social Market over the weekend. It was nice but… it just felt a bit off centre also. I mean, I have tremendous respect for the people who were there to sell the produce, but maybe it still hasn’t sunk in that Singapore is a place where we’re known for domestic produce or products. To that end, it is encouraging that something is happening in Singapore, and I hope to see more homegrown creativity and entrepreneurship being celebrated.
Notes from this series
- Not a very inspired week.
- My favourite photo would be the top-down shot from over the balcony that frames some cafe tables and chairs as well. Composition-wise, I’m happy with the variety of shapes in the photograph.
As always, the project is being archived here
I’m trying to get back into a routine to find some sort of bearing for my life again. Sitting at home and playing computer games for the majority of daylight isn’t a very healthy psychological disposition. Unfortunately I haven’t really found that spark yet. Don’t infer too much meaning from this post as I am posting it about four days late, and I wish I could give a better recount of the photos I took.
Notes about this series
- I’m highlighting the first photo, because I remember walking my partner to the train station in the morning, and decided to have a moment to myself at a canal near my home. From across me, I remember the morning light as being very cooling, and calming. I don’t want to live a life where I’m rushing to every errand, and forget the serenity of mornings.
- I quite like the pictures I took from inside the car when we were under a highway.
- Sometimes the moon is the only thing you see at night. It was somewhat close to us when I took the last picture.
As always, the project is archived here.
Little stars that burn the holes in my soul
Side note: I think the alt music community can be divided between those who prefer The Smashing Pumpkins or those who prefer Zwan.
For the week, 8 – 14 February 2016
One more week has passed. I haven’t been making any headway with the job hunt because it was the Chinese New Year on Monday and Tuesday. Most people have been away since last Friday and some are extending till the Wednesday. I’m just taking it as a sort of semi-excuse to enjoy some time off, and not think too much about the future. Unfortunately, the unhealthy byproduct is that I’m not thinking too much about anything either, and this is the second week that the mwip project has suffered.
I do feel pretty good that I’ve finally caught up with the publishing backlog though.
As always, the entire project is being archived here.
Notes from this series
- This post is dated 14 February 2016, but was actually published on 17 February 2016.
- Nothing really struck me this week. I’m really doing this out of duty, and it looks and feels painfully uninspiring.